Tuesday 31 March 2015

Birmingham Hippodrome!

Next stop for Faye and her Shrek Tour fairytale friends is the Birmingham Hippodrome.

As you can see from the picture, the exterior of the theatre was - quite recently - substantially rebuilt but inside they've kept many of the traditional features. The best of both worlds you could say.

Despite living less than 2 hours away in Bristol I've never actually been to the Hippodrome so I'm really looking forward to seeing it when I make my 12th trip to the swamp on Saturday.

Faye is absolutely spectacular as the bi-polar Princess and as the show is there for 4 weeks I couldn't resist booking to see it twice. I'll be heading back up the M5 to Birmingham at the end of April :)

If you live in the Midlands make sure you catch this amazing show while it's in town.

BOOK TO SEE SHREK AT THE BIRMINGHAM HIPPODROME

Although this will be my first ever visit to the Hippodrome, I did actually travel to Birmingham to see Faye in Legally Blonde at the New Alexandra Theatre. Unfortunately that particular trip didn't quite go to plan. Faye was unwell and therefore unable to perform, meaning I didn't get to see the real Elle Woods on that occasion :(

Keeping everything crossed for better luck this time.

I hope Faye and her Shrek Tour co stars have a fantastic first show at the Hippodrome tonight and a wonderful 4 weeks in the Black Country!

1 comment: