Wednesday 1 April 2015

Princess to Ogre in 90 Seconds!

Faye recently talked to Kelly Apter from 'The List' about one of the quickest on stage transformations in muscial theatre.

Quick changes are a part of life in the theatre, but anyone who has seen the first Shrek film will know that Fiona’s transformation from traditional beauty to green ogre is far from subtle. 

‘It takes 90 seconds and it’s awful,’ laughs Faye Brooks, who plays the part of Fiona in the UK tour of Shrek the Musical. ‘I put on the same dress but it’s padded, the make-up artist transforms me with ogre ears and green paint, I pull on a green cowl and fat hands and then, eureka, I’m back on stage again.'

Brooks describes it as 90 seconds of madness for both herself and her entourage. ‘But I honestly love the fact that I’ve worked my way through the story to that point,’ she continues. ‘Fiona has a constant fear of being found out and can’t show her true colours, because she thinks that she’s not beautiful. But by the end, she’s been through so much, the transformation makes sense, and it shocks people in the right way.’

No comments:

Post a Comment