Saturday 2 May 2015

Faye Decides It's Time For A New Challenge and Will Leave Shrek on 28th June!

You may have already heard that Faye has decided not to extend her Shrek contract and will leave the show at the end of June.

Although I am of course a little sad that my own tour of the UK watching Faye sparkle on stage as Princess Fiona will soon end, I completely understand her decision.

For three of the last five years Faye has been living out of a suitcase, travelling from theatre to theatre touring with Legally Blonde and Shrek. It's an extremely tiring life which meant she was often away from family and friends.

Faye feels the time is right to try something new. In her latest interview she said "I get itchy feet and I like to challenge myself."

She recently starred in her first major TV role as Agnes Franklin in Our Zoo and I know she'd like to do more TV work in the future.

Whether it's on stage or screen I'm sure there lots of exciting opportunities around the corner for this remarkably talented and versatile actress.

When she leaves Shrek on 28th June it's just the end of one chapter in her story and I can't wait to see what comes next.

Her future may not be GREEN but it will be BIG, BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment