Wednesday 27 May 2015

The Lyceum Theatre, Sheffield

After a relaxing break in Iceland with Gareth and a lovely weekend with her Mum in London, Faye returns to the stage later today as Shrek the Musical kicks off it's 2 week stay at the Lyceum Theatre.

The grade 2 listed building in the centre of Sheffield underwent a £12 million makeover in 1991 and now hosts huge West End shows all year round.

It was nearly the venue I first had the pleasure of meeting Faye in person because I did actually go to the stage door after seeing her there in Legally Blonde. Unfortunately after waiting a few minutes I lost my nerve and slipped away before she came out.

I'm hoping to travel up South Yorkshire again to see her in Shrek and hopefully this time I'll get to say hello and have a quick chat.

It's Faye's penultimate stop on the tour so I want everyone who sees the show in Sheffield to give Princess Fiona a particularly big cheer.

There are still a few tickets available so if you live in the area make sure you visit the swamp before it leaves town. It's a big, bright, beautiful show you'd be mad to miss.

I hope Faye and her fairytale friends have a fantastic opening night and a wonderful two weeks in Sheffield!

No comments:

Post a Comment