Tuesday 23 June 2015

The Final Countdown

Well, this is it. Today Faye starts her final week on tour with Shrek the Musical.

That means there are just eight performances to go before the best Princess Fiona you will ever see leaves the show for good.

By now you'll know how special I think she is but don't just take my word for it.

Below is a snippet from a recent review on the 'What's on Stage' website. It was written by Roger who saw the show at the Theatre Royal in Norwich.

What's On Stage
I'm still chuckling at the hilarious Lord Farquaard - played brilliantly by Gerard Carey - but it was Faye Brookes as Princess Fiona who stole the show. Her powerhouse vocals, superb comedic acting and immense stage presence make her one of the finest young actresses in the industry today.

It's hard to believe that this time next week it will all be over.

However, that is one week closer to the next exciting chapter in this remarkable actress's career and I can't wait to see what comes next.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how I'm gonna break the news to my 5yr old daughter.It was this actress who made her fall in love with the character last year in Leeds.
    First thing on her birthday wishlist this year was to see Princess Fiona again,so off to the Lyceum in Sheffield it was.
    We have tickets for the Lowry next February,for which Tiddler is planning to wear the Fiona costume that's on her Christmas list.But even if Cameron Diaz herself takes over,it really won't be the same without Miss Brookes.
    In any case,I'd like to thank her for all her hard work and enchanting performances which have left my offspring totally spellbound.
    Now,how to break the news to a pint-size superfan...maybe I could go down the 'Dr.Who' route,and say that Fiona has had to regenerate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Paddy. I emailed it to Faye as I knew she'd love to read it. I got an almost immediate response saying it's made her day. I hope your daughter isn't too upset when you break the news about her leaving the show.

      Delete