Sunday 27 September 2015

Monday 5th October!

Faye has today confirmed that her first appearance in Coronation Street as Kate Connor will be on Monday 5th October.

That works out absolutely perfectly for me as it's the day I return from a week away in the Lake District.



Damn, Faye is really rocking those Dune boots! 

Below is a very brief interview where Faye and her Corrie dad Richard Hawley discuss her same-sex storyline.

The upcoming storyline will see Brookes's character Kate Connor engaged to soldier Caz.

Brookes, who will join Shane Ward as Aidan Connor and Richard Hawley as dad Johnny Connor, said that she didn't want to pigeonhole her character.


"It's a challenge. I didn't want to pigeonhole her into playing a stereotype," the actress said of playing out a lesbian relationship.


Brookes's co-star Richard Hawley added: "You're not on this big coming out story because it's already happened."


The same-sex romance storyline will kick off when Caz is formally introduced into Corrie in November.


Watch out Weatherfield, the Connor's are coming!

I've travelled over 4000 miles watching Faye sparkle in various different shows over the past 4 years and now I'll be able to see her without leaving my living room :)

I've watched Corrie on and off for years and just when you think it can't get any better, they add my favourite actress to the cast.

I can't wait for everyone to see what a very special actress Faye Brookes is.

No comments:

Post a Comment