Monday 8 September 2014

My 3rd Trip to the Swamp!

Sunday should have actually been my 4th trip to see Shrek. I had tickets for the previous weekend but unfornately Faye injured her hip flexor and was out of the show for a few days.

I was obviously disappointed and I couldn't face seeing someone else play Fiona - it would be like going to a Taylor Swift concert and getting a tribute act instead - so I decided not to go.

Although I'm sure the stand in is great, Faye is simply irreplaceable.

Yesterday was an incredibly busy day for Faye. It was the last Shrek performance in Bristol meaning the cast had to pack up their lives ready to move on to the next venue. On top of that both Dean Chisnall (Shrek) and Gerald Carey (Lord Farquaad) were unable to perform so they had extra rehearsals to ensure the stand in's were ready to step in.

Luckily Faye is a genuinely nice and caring person so despite her hectic schedule she was kind enough to agree to meet me before the show for a quick catch up.

I was quite concerned about her injury so it was great to see her looking so fit and well. She said there is still some discomfort but it was an awful lot better than it had been earlier in the week. Apparently the Shrek tour has it's own physios, so many thanks to them for helping our Princess make a speedy recovery.

Although they ended up being a few days late, I was finally able to give Faye her birthday card and presents. She thinks I spoil her but nothing could repay her for the joy I get watching her sparkle on stage. She also regularly converses with me via email and twitter which I appreciate SO much.

I was able to tell her that I'll be returning to the swamp next week. My football team Bristol Rovers are playing at Lincoln and I'd be travelling through Nottingham on the way home so it was too good an opportunity to miss. Hopefully I'll have another chance to chat with Faye after the show at the stage door.

The show just gets better every time I see it. The Shrek and Lord Farquaad understudies were great and I may not have even noticed Dean and Gerald were missing had Faye not told me beforehand.

I've probably seen Faye close on 30 times now, in 5 different shows, and every time I come away completely astounded by her talent. Yesterday was no different.

Her acting during 'I think I got you Beat' is absolutely FANTASTIC and that scene is probably my favourite part of the show. I love 'Morning Person' too and yesterday was the first time I noticed her cross eyed moment, SO funny.

Faye is just an all round superstar and I would encourage everyone to see her in this great show while you've got the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment